How to Completely Uninstall Avast! Free Antivirus 7 from the PC
Avast is a high-quality antivirus software with lots of users all over the world. And the developers have optimized Avast Free Antivirus 7 in many aspects, such as faster software installation, more convenient operation and cool interface. Yet, many people complain that Avast Free Antivirus 7 is buggy and may have too many popups and they want to change back to Avast Free Antivirus 5 or 6.
Before you start to uninstall your Avast Free Antivirus 7, you need to make sure that it’s real Avast. Or it will be impossible for you to uninstall malware.
Fake Avast Alert
Manually Uninstall Avast Free Antivirus 7 via Add/ Remove Programs
- Make sure you have the administrative right of the computer account that installs Avast Free Antivirus 7
- Windows XP users need to open Add/ Remove Programs in Control Panel
- Windows 7 and vista users need to open Control Panel and then select Programs and Features in Programs.
- Locate Avast! Free Antivirus in the list and click Change/Remove
- Click Uninstall tab and then click Next
- Click Yes if you want to proceed the uninstallation
- Select the Restart option and click Finish
Additional Steps for a Complete Avast Free Antivirus 7 Uninstallation
To completely uninstall Avast Free Antivirus 7, you need to delete the leftovers in registry and computer.
Registry entries to delete:
Files to delete:
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast
The above files may be different when Avast makes some updates. So, you should be careful when deleting them. If you do not want to manually edit the registry and take the risk and time to delete them, you can use Avast Free Antivirus 7 Uninstaller to automatically do the job for you.
Automatically Uninstall Avast Free Antivirus 7
1: Download and install Avast Free Antivirus 7 Uninstaller on your system.
2: Run the Uninstaller and locate Avast Free Antivirus 7 to “Display Name” column and click “Uninstall” button.
3: Follow the uninstall wizard to accomplish this process.
You can easily remove Avast Free Antivirus 7 with help of Avast Free Antivirus 7 Uninstaller. Go ahead and uninstall Avast Free Antivirus 7 now!